It’s hard to beat ProVia doors, especially when you properly maintain your entryway investment. This article will show you how to do just that – maintain your doors, as well as some of the biggest advantages of them to help you make your decision if you are on the fence.
We’ll start by discussing how to maintain your door’s finish, then we will move to the hardware for them. Our service manager will get a quick word in and then we’ll dive into the top 5 reasons we see our customers choose ProVia doors over the competition.
Let’s get started.
Provia Doors Finish Maintenance
- To clean your ProVia doors, wash with mild soap and water and rinse with clear water and wipe dry.
- Keep your weatherstrip clean of dirt and grit for proper seal. Wash with mild soap and water, rinse with clear water and wipe dry. Apply a light coat of wax and wipe off excess.
- For scuff marks on painted finishes, use a mild liquid cleanser, rinse with clear water and wipe dry.
- If your door finish is accidentally scratched or chipped, clean as recommended above and use touch-up paint supplied by Tom Adams or standard wood finish repair crayon.
- Much like sterling silver, even the finest brass will react naturally to the elements surrounding it. To maintain the hardware on your doors, polish with a non-abrasive automotive or furniture wax. By keeping your hardware cleaned and maintained you will be rewarded with a long-lasting finish.
- Tighten screws on the lockset and hinges when necessary as needed.
- Lightly oil hinges as needed, wipe off any excess.
A Tip From Our Service Manager
DO NOT USE paint thinners, lacquer thinner, gasoline, kerosene, Murphy’s Oil Soap, or any other harsh chemical to clean surfaces of Provia Doors or hardware.
Never power wash doors or windows or use harsh powders like Comet, Spic and Span, or Soft Scrub as they may scratch and hurt paint, stain, or weather stripping.
5 Advantages of Provia Doors
What advantages do ProVia Doors provide? Let’s take a look.
1. Strength and Security
ProVia entry doors are built to provide excellent security. We offer Legacy steel doors, Heritage fiberglass doors or Signet fiberglass doors. With these options you won’t see any warping, splitting, cracking, or delamination – even when the door is exposed to the extreme outdoor temperatures.
2. Durable Finish
These doors feature a DuraFuse Finishing System which keeps the doors as nice as the day they are purchased. Whether your home calls for a smooth and modern finish, traditional, or wood grain; a ProVia entry door will remain beautiful for decades to come.
3. Energy Efficient
These doors are extremely energy efficient. They feature a polyurethane core that prevents any type of heat transfer, as compared to Fiberex frames. Less heat transfer means minimal heat loss during the winter and heat gain during the summer months. These doors are also National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) tested and ENERGY Star certified.
4. Custom Glass
In addition to the beauty and the durable finishes, ProVia doors also have options for inspiration art glass to be installed, allowing for more customization options and unique designs. Choose from 11 designs and 5 different color palettes, or you can choose to do your own completely original and unique look.
5. Low Maintenance
These doors are very low maintenance. Just like our replacement windows, all they need is a good rinse and wash and you will be able to remove any blemishes or stubborn stains.
Why You Should Use Provia Doors For Your Home
ProVia doors offer much more than just curb appeal and added beauty to your home. They come with a peace of mind and an unmatched level of security that your family deserves. These doors are the most durable on the market with a guarantee to back it up. With a lifetime limited warranty and a paint and stain warranty, you can count on the look and safety of your doors for years to come.
Where To Buy Provia Doors Near You
Tom Adams Windows and Carpets carries a full line of ProVia products. With four convenient locations in Churchill, Doylestown, Whitehall and our Southampton Outlet, Tom Adams can supply your entry door needs from purchase to installation.
We install over 1,000 doors per year, so you can count on our honest business practices, determination, and quality workmanship to transform your home. If you’re looking for a door and a high quality installation, contact Tom Adams today.